|Submit A Request to Sponsor Wireless Guest Access for an Individual or Group|
CCIT provides access to the school's wireless network free of charge for
individuals visiting the campus for activities associated with or sponsored by
the Colorado School of Mines. This includes individual guests of Mines
employees, attendees of conferences or meetings sponsored by Mines or Mines
employees and participants in summer programs sponsored by Mines residence
life. This does not include groups or individuals renting space (i.e., meeting
facilities, apartments or rooms in a residence hall) for activities not
sponsored by Mines.
Access is provided via one of two mechanisms:
- Unauthenticated guests have limited network access. They may use
http[s], email and a VPN but nothing else. This type of access should be
sufficient for the majority of campus visitors. It does NOT require a username
or password: guests simply enter their email address. If unauthenticated access
is sufficient for your guest you do not need to submit this request.
- Authenticated guests (a.k.a. sponsored guests) have full network access. A Mines
employee must sponsor them so they can obtain a username and password that logs
them into the network. If you wish to sponsor network access for your guest you
must read and acknowledge the guest sponsor policy and submit this form. Note
that from the perspective of the Mines network authenticated guests are still “off
campus” in that they are placed outside the campus firewall and have the same
access to our resources as the general public. If your guest needs access to
protected school resources please contact CCIT for information about custom
- All fields on this form are required.
- Please submit general campus support requests via the Mines Help Center
- Please submit work orders for campus Construction, Maintenance and Environmental Health & Safety needs via the Facilities Management web site
- Please submit questions for the Library via the Library web site.